Information collected automatically
We may collect information automatically when you visit our website and browse through pages or download information. For example, we may collect the following types of information:
- Your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, which is a number automatically assigned to your computer by your Internet Service Provider whenever you use the Internet;
- The type of browser and operating system used to access the website;
- The date and time you access the website and whether you previously visited the website;
- The pages you visit within the website and other information about your activity on the website; and
- If you linked to our website from another website, the URL of that website.
Information collected that you voluntarily provide or direct us to collect.
We may collect information that you choose to provide through the website including content in emails you send and information that you submit through forms or otherwise through the website, when you subscribe to or register for newsletters or other services. This may include personally identifiable information such as your name, email address, year of birth, gender, zip code, country, and mailing address. We may collect additional information that you submit to us or direct us to collect.
How we use information we collect
We may use the information we collect from you for the following purposes:
- to personalize the information and services we provide to you and to send you email news;
- to enhance the types of services that we and our business partners may provide to you in the future;
- to troubleshoot problems and address errors and service interruptions
- to analyze usage of the MyAlfondGrant.com website and improve the MyAlfondGrant.com website and to otherwise improve the quality of our products or services, including through market research, project planning, and statistical analyses
- to administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature or to allow us to better service you in responding to your customer requests.
- to protect our rights and the rights of others, to detect and protect against error, fraud, or other criminal activity, to respond to legal process and defend against legal claims, and as otherwise required by law, as determined by MyAlfondGrant in its sole discretion; or
Sharing of collected information with third parties
MyAlfondGrant.com may share personally identifiable information we collect about you under the following circumstances:
- with authorized service providers that help us provide our services or perform other business functions for us, such as sending emails and newsletters or hosting web services;
- with business partners with which we partner to provide you a service or product that you have requested or to process a transaction that you have requested. Please note that MyAlfondGrant.com does not control the privacy or security practices of these third parties; they may use the information for their own business purposes, including to perform analytical research and performance tracking and improve their various products and services, and their privacy and security practices may be different than ours;
- to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process, in response to a request for cooperation from law enforcement or another government agency, or to establish or exercise our legal rights, defend against legal claims, or otherwise protect or defend our rights or property;
- when we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, or as otherwise required by law;
- in aggregated or other non-personally identifiable form; and
- as otherwise described to you at the point of collection or pursuant to your consent.
Third-party functionality and links to other websites
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
We use “cookies” on this site. A cookie is a piece of data stored on a site visitor’s hard drive to help us improve your access to our site and identify repeat visitors to our site. Cookies can also enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance the experience on our site. Usage of a cookie is in no way linked to any personally identifiable information on our site. We also may use other types of standard Internet tracking technologies, such as web beacons and flash cookies.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of thirteen. Should we learn that a child under the age of thirteen has provided us with personal information, we will delete that information from our database as may be required by applicable law.
Do-Not-Track Signals and Similar Mechanisms
Some web browsers may transmit “do-not-track” signals to the websites and other online services with which a user communicates. There is no industry standard that governs what, if anything, websites should do when they receive these signals. MyAlfondGrant.com currently does not take action in response to these signals. If and when a standard is established and accepted, MyAlfondGrant.com may revisit its policy on responding to these signals.