With so many Maine children — over 116,000 so far — having been awarded a $500 Alfond Grant for their future education, organizations across the state that support children play a huge role in how we connect with families about the Grant.
From Head Start programs and Boys & Girls Clubs to local libraries and the Y, these organizations help their families learn more about the MyAlfondGrant program and better understand the positive impact it can have for their child.
The Bangor Housing Authority, Maine Home Visiting, Fedcap, Prosperity ME, Wabanaki Public Health and many more have invited us to provide training to staff so that they have good information about the MyAlfondGrant program to share with families. And at Promise Early Learning Center, the Head Start program in Androscoggin County, learning about the Alfond Grant is built in to family goals.
How You Can Help
Organizations interested in being engaged with the MyAlfondGrant program as a way of supporting their families, have many opportunities for involvement.
- Display posters and share information video about MyAlfondGrant with families
- Distribute materials to families (or share links to electronic materials)
All Friend activities, AND:
- Invite ASF to provide training to staff about the Alfond Grant
- Invite ASF to share information about the Alfond Grant program directly with families
- Encourage families to engage with the MyAlfondGrant program (update contact information, create a MyPlan, follow MAG on social media, etc)
Gold Medal Champion
All Champion activities, AND:
- Embed supports for families to facilitate engagement with the MyAlfondGrant program (update contact information, create a MyPlan, follow MAG on social media, etc)
Community and family-serving organizations that want to share information about the MyAlfondGrant program with the families they serve can complete this form to order print materials. If you have questions, or want to learn more, give us a call at 207-347-8638 or email us at [email protected].
Many Thanks to These Organizations
Thanks to our Friends:
Bangor Region Chamber of Commerce
Bangor Region YMCA
Town of Minot
Orono Public Library
Turner Memorial Library (Presque Isle)
United Way of Eastern Maine
United Way of Greater Portland
YWCA Central Maine
YMCA of Freeport
And our Champions:
Alfond Youth and Community Center
Aroostook County Action Program
Auburn Public Library
Bangor Housing Authority
Catherine Morrilll Daycare
Kennebec Valley CAP
Maine Home Visitors
Opportunity Alliance (Portland)
Portland Housing Authority
Wabanaki Public Health
York County Community Action
Youth & Family Outreach (Westbrook)
And Special Thanks to our Gold Medal Champions!