With so many Maine children having been awarded a $500 Alfond Grant for their future education, organizations across the state that support children play a huge role in how we connect with families about the Grant.
From Head Start programs and Boys & Girls Clubs to local libraries and the Y, these organizations help their families learn more about the $500 Alfond Grant and better understand the positive impact it can have for their child.
The Bangor Housing Authority, Good Shephard Food Bank of Maine, Fedcap, Prosperity ME, Wabanaki Public Health and Wellness, and many more have invited us to provide training to staff so that they have good information about the Alfond Grant program to share with families. And at Promise Early Learning Center, the Head Start program in Androscoggin County, learning about the Alfond Grant is built in to family goals.
How You Can Help
Organizations interested in being engaged with the Alfond Grant program as a way of supporting their families, have many opportunities for involvement. And best of all, we provide the tools resources and training you need to become a partner!
- Display posters and share informational video about the Alfond Grant with families
- Distribute materials to families (or share links to electronic materials)
All Friend activities, AND:
- Invite ASF to provide training to staff about the Alfond Grant
- Invite ASF to share information about the Alfond Grant program directly with families
- Encourage families to engage with the Alfond Grant program (update contact information, create a MyPlan, follow My Alfond Grant on social media, etc)
Gold Medal Champion
All Champion activities, AND:
- Embed supports for families to facilitate engagement with the Alfond Grant program (update contact information, create a MyPlan, follow My Alfond Grant on social media, etc)
Community and family-serving organizations that want to share information about the Alfond Grant program with the families they serve can become a partner today! If you have questions, or want to learn more, give us a call at 207-347-8638 or email us at [email protected].
Partners Investing In Maine Children
A number of Maine community organizations have made specific commitments to partner with us by joining our Champions Circle. For more information about how to be involved, call us at 207-347-8638 or email [email protected]
Thanks to our Friends
Bangor Region Chamber of Commerce
Town of Minot
United Way of Eastern Maine
YMCA of Freeport
Bangor Region YMCA
Orono Public Library
United Way of Greater Portland
Turner Memorial Library (Presque Isle)
YWCA Central Maine
And our Champions
Alfond Youth and Community Center
Bangor Housing Authority
Mano en Mano
Opportunity Alliance (Portland)
Wabanaki Public Health and Wellness
Aroostook County Action Program
Portland Housing Authority
Portland Recovery Community Center
Auburn Public Library
Kennebec Valley CAP
Good Shepherd Food Bank of Maine
Maine Home Visitors
Youth and Family Outreach (Westbrook)
York County Community Action
And Special Thanks to our Gold Medal Champions!